Friday, July 30, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday

--1--
75% of my children are currently out of town. I miss them... In a "I'm their mother and they are always in my heart" kind of way. But I don't miss them in the "please get all of your random junk out of my living room" and "please stop screaming at your sister" kind of way.

Besides, they'll be back on Sunday! And, they're having fun!

--2--
My little daughter, Colleen, randomly says
"Airplane in the sky!"
about 8-10 times a day. No matter where we are. No matter if anything is in the sky at all. An airplane in the sky must be a very exciting thing in a little 2 year old mind. And she relives it every chance she gets.

--3--
My son, Jonathan, had a sleep over this week with another boy his age. I came out in the living room to see them watching a movie, both with a stuffed animal under their arm. Jonathan's is a bear named "Bear" and his friends is a little, worn and well-loved raccoon about 5 inches long. They're both 8 and they both still sleep with their animals. And they're cool with it.

In the past, my son has worried about taking Bear over to a friends' house. "What if they laugh?" the thought of someone making fun of Bear is unbearable (really... I'm not just trying to be cute!)

There's safety in having a friend who you know won't make fun of you 'cause you sleep with a bear. A guy needs a friend like that.


--4--
Books I'm currently reading:
Lizzie's War by Tim Farrington. Recommended by BettyDuffy, my new best friend...
The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to our Brains by Nicholas Carr
The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web by Tamar Weinbert

Those last two books are completely contradictory. I wonder what that will do to my brain...

--5--
 My boy playing Wii with aforementioned "Bear" stuck in the crook of his elbow.




















--6--
Gorgeous Carryl Houselander quote for you:

By his own will Christ was dependent on Mary during Advent:
he was absolutely helpless; he could go nowhere but where she chose to take him; he could not speak; her breathing was his breath; his heart beat in the beating of her heart....
In the seasons of our Advent - waking, working, eating, sleeping, being
Each breath is a breathing of Christ into the world.
~  Caryll Houselander

--7--
some of my favorite blogs...


Reading for Believers
BettyDuffy
CommonReaders
CharlotteWasBoth
CardObserver
JustSomethingIMade







4 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo for 7 quick takes! I guess the extra blogging is a result of #1 on this list, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's for sure! I actually have the time and quiet to complete a full sentence!

    I am actually trying to blog more... my goal is 3 times/week. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're reading Lizzie's War! Can't wait to hear how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.my.goodness. Did BettyDuffy just comment on MY blog????

    Already loving Lizzie's War. Have you read is others? Are they just as good?

    ReplyDelete