Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Children's Examination of Conscience

My friend Dana let me know about this great examination of conscience for children, based on the Our Father. Since Emelie is preparing for her first confession (in under 2 weeks... yikes) and communion on April 20th, we have been reading this during our Lenten night prayers. But, I think even younger children could get a lot out of it! Oh, and yes, even grown-ups!! Thanks Dana!

An Examination of Conscience for Children using The Lord’s Prayer.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed by Thy name.

  • Do I think about God every day?
  • Do I say my prayers?
  • Do I pay attention and participate at Mass?

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

  • Am I kind to others?
  • Do I do what Jesus wants me to do?
  • Do I share with others?
  • Am I helpful to my family?
  • Do I show respect to my teachers and classmates?

Give us this day our daily bread

  • Do I remember to say thank you?
  • Am I sometimes greedy?
  • Do I appreciate the good things I have in my life?
  • Do I think of ways to help those who have no food?
  • Do I take things that don't belong to me?

Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

  • Do I say I’m sorry when I have been wrong?
  • Do I forgive and forget when someone does something bad to me?
  • Do I help solve problems between my friends or do I cause more trouble?
  • Do I say bad things about people who have hurt me?

Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil

  • Do I play fairly in sports and games?
  • Do I cheat in school?
  • Do I tell the truth?
  • Do I set a good example by my kindness?
  • Do I let other kids tempt me to do things I know I shouldn't do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment