Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bookish Catholics

Reading Woman by Poul Friis Nybo

We have a happy new little thing around here.

A book a month. Great women to discuss them with. Can it get any better?  A book club.

A Catholic Book Club. Inspired by such as Betty Duffy, her reading group Reading for Believers and Leila at Like Mother Like Daughter.

I think this satisfies a long held dream. To be a literature professor at a small Catholic college and sit around discussing classics in the light of life and faith.

So, I have found a way to grant this little longing of mine without abandoning my husband and children. That would not be good.

Bookish Catholics is the happy place.

Because, other than my husband and children, there is really nothing that has ever made me more happy that reading a good book. From when I was 7, reading The Boxcar Children to 3 years ago when I read my first Tolstoy.

This sums it all up quite nicely:

“The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours” - Alan Bennett

So, feel free to read along, join our bloggy discussions and be happy with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment